IHSAA Physical Form
Who needs the IHSAA physical form?
- Student-athletes who wish to participate in any IHSAA-sanctioned sports activities at their school.
- Schools and athletic departments that require a physical examination and completed form as part of their eligibility requirements for sports participation.
- Coaches and administrators who need to verify the medical fitness of student-athletes before allowing them to participate in sports activities.
How to fill out IHSAA physical form
- To fill out the IHSAA physical form, you will need to obtain a copy of the form from the IHSAA or your school's athletic department.
- Start by reading through the entire form to familiarize yourself with the information and sections that need to be completed.
- Gather all necessary personal information, such as your full name, date of birth, address, and contact details.
- Complete the medical history section of the form, providing detailed information about any past injuries, illnesses, or medical conditions. It is crucial to be honest and accurate when filling out this section.
- Schedule an appointment with a licensed healthcare professional, such as a physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant, to undergo a physical examination.
- During the physical examination, the healthcare professional will assess your overall health, check vital signs, evaluate your physical fitness, and may also perform vision and hearing tests if required.
- Once the examination is complete, the healthcare professional will fill out the remaining sections of the physical form, including certification of your medical fitness for participating in sports activities.
- Review the completed form to ensure all sections are properly filled out and signed. Make sure to sign and date the form yourself as well.
- Submit the filled out and signed IHSAA physical form to the appropriate authority, such as your school's athletic department or coach.
- Keep a copy of the completed form for your own records.